Charles de Kerchove
Charles is a lawyer (Senior Manager) in the Corporate team at MNKS. He previously worked with several first class law firms in Singapore, Brussels and Luxembourg, advising major international groups on restructuring and refinancing deals.
Charles is specifically involved in transactional and intra-group corporate law, advising domestic and international clients on refinancing, restructuring, corporate governance and joint-ventures cross-borders transactions and acquisitions as well as private equity deals.
In particular, he is often requested to assist in transactions financed by “hybrid” instruments such as profit participating loans, convertible and non-convertible preferred equity certificates, etc.
Charles has produced several publications mainly focused on Luxembourg investment companies in risk capital and securitization matters, and a specific paper on the procedural aspects of State aid issues under EU law, co-authored by a former Commissioner for EU competition.
Member of the Luxembourg Bar, 2006
- Postgraduate diploma in European and International law, Vrije Universiteit Brussels (Belgium), 2000
- Diploma of Law, Université Catholique de Louvain (Belgium), 1998
Charles enjoys playing golf all year long as well as tennis during the summer months.
He is also a fan of cycling trips around Europe and cycled from New-Delhi to Singapore during three months just after obtaining his legal diploma .
- advising a top US based bank in setting up dedicated SPV structures in Luxembourg and assisting in the allocations and contributions of holding and commercial foreign subsidiaries to such SPVs;
- assisting a prominent Luxembourg based client on a large scale group restructuring project involving various dual nationality companies in the Grand Duchy of Luxembourg as well as restructuring the whole group structure into separate divisions;
- advising a top US energy provider in restructuring its activities in Luxembourg and sales of Luxembourg and foreign entities to various third party purchasers;
- acting for a large Polish Financial trading company in respect of the migration and implementation of several two-tier Luxembourg corporate structures as well as assisting in the issuance of convertible debt financing instruments for the purpose of financing new acquisitions;
advising a UK listed Media group in simplifying and financing its holding activities in Luxembourg;
assisting a major France based equity player in view of the acquisition through Luxembourg of various EU businesses with the participation of other equity players and involving the negotiation of new shareholders agreements and articles of association.