Darina is a Senior Manager in the Corporate team at PwC Legal. Prior to joining PwC Legal, Darina worked in a well-known commercial law firm in Ireland where she focused on commercial/corporate law. In particular, Darina gained experience in corporate restructuring, venture capital investments and M&A, in addition to providing advice on company law matters generally. She also spent some time gaining international legal expertise while working in Gilbert + Tobin in Sydney.
At PwC Legal, Darina is mainly involved in international and large scale corporate structuring projects, Private Equity and M&A deals and providing general corporate law advice, all of which involves a high level of coordination and project management with foreign lawyers, tax advisors, accountants and clients together with responsibility for preparing/negotiating the requisite legal documentation and any related legal research.
Darina is a qualified solicitor in Ireland and England & Wales and thus acts as a point of reference for both Irish and UK law.
Darina enjoys being part of a dynamic and highly-experienced team and exploring diverse business and cultural approaches to solve the complex challenges which face clients in the current and ever-changing environment.
Member of the Luxembourg bar
Admitted to the Roll of Solicitors in England & Wales
Admitted to the Roll of Solicitors in Ireland
Professional Practice Course I and II, Law Society of Ireland, 2006
Erasmus Programme, Leopold-Franzens Universität, Innsbruck (Austria), 2004
Bachelor of Business & Legal Studies (European), University College Dublin (UCD) Ireland, 2001-2005
- Advising a leading provider of offshore drilling services in the acquisition of a majority stake in a luxembourg company listed on the Norwegian Stock Exchange.
- Acting for a major private equity firm specialising in investments in telecommunications, pharmaceuticals and financial services in a 1.5 billion refinancing and subsequent upstreaming.
- Acting as exclusive Luxembourg advisor to one of the largest US teachers’ retirement funds and one of the largest public pension funds in the world on the structuring and implementation of various Luxembourg joint venture real estate projects in Eastern Europe and the United Kingdom.
- Acting for a private Brazilian company specialized in software in the Energy Sector in its expansion into Europe, and the drafting/negotiation of a multi-faceted shareholders agreement between the founders and investors, as well as advising our client on further fundraising rounds.
- Advising a NYSE listed insurance and reinsurance company on the structuring and implementation of a joint venture transaction with an Israeli entity through its Luxembourg group company.
- Acting for a global provider of offshore drilling services to the petroleum industry in relation to a potential merger with a growing offshore drilling target company providing global ultra-deepwater drilling services in a share for share deal.
- Advising a NYSE listed multinational group providing offshore contract drilling, engineering, and production management services to the oil and gas industry worldwide in the implementation of a substantive restructuring and the reorganization of the ownership of multi-billion dollar assets and ultimate IPO of one of the top US group entities;
- Advising an international insurance group listed on the NYSE in respect of the sale by one of its Luxembourg entities of a group of subsidiaries (deal value approximately USD 1 billion);
- Advising a major investment bank based in the Middle East with respect to the implementation of a cross-border merger of one of its Luxembourg companies with a German group company;
- Advising a leading player in private banking and asset management industry in the migration of its Channel Islands registered entity to Luxembourg;
- Acting for a global pharmaceutical company trading on the NYSE and LSE with a significant international reorganisation of its subsidiaries, including the conversion of convertible bonds, the transfer of shareholdings, the assignment of a multi-billion dollar loan and the liquidation of a Luxembourg holding company;
- Advising a US global dental care company with the restructuring of its international group involving the setting-up of several Luxembourg companies, the transfer and/or contribution of various assets and liabilities to/from the Luxembourg companies and a time-sensitive cross-chain transfer of shares;
- Acting for a NYSE listed international insurance group over the course of numerous restructuring projects involving the acquisition of foreign entities, the unwind of sophisticated financing products (redeemable bonds) and putting in place a complex reinsurance structure.
- Advising a leading provider of offshore drilling services on the implementation a large scale intra-group restructuring.