Stéphanie is a Senior Manager in the Corporate team of PwC Legal, which she joined in 2000.
Stéphanie is a widely-experienced corporate lawyer whose practice spans all areas of corporate law. Her wide-ranging legal skills are employed in challenging projects which require innovative legal solutions.
Stéphanie is particularly specialised in international corporate transactions, mergers and acquisitions, cross-border movements and private equity deals. She is frequently involved in transactions which require the analysis of commercial contracts from a Luxembourg legal perspective.
In addition, Stéphanie also provides internal and external training sessions on specific legal topics such as cross-border operations (migrations, cross-border mergers, EU companies) and due diligence.
She has also launched the firm’s “EcoLaw” group, which heightens our team’s awareness of environmental issues and implements actions within our firm to help protect the environment by employing a socially responsible approach.
Member of the Luxembourg Bar, 2002
- Postgraduate degree in International Business Law (DESS/DJCE), University of Aix-en-Provence (Institute of Business Law) (France), 1999
- Magistère de Juriste d’Affaires Interne et Européen, University of Nancy (France), 1998
- Erasmus program, University of East Anglia, Norwich (United Kingdom), 1998 / Diploma in higher education in Common Law
- Law degrees (i) in business law and (ii) in compared and European law, University of Nancy II (France), 1997
Stéphanie’s favourite pastime is swimming, as it is the ideal way to relax!
She also loves rambling in the countryside. In the wintertime, Stéphanie likes Nordic skiing in the serenity of the forests.
Stéphanie has recently worked on the following high profile transactions:
- Acting for a listed US insurance group in relation to the international restructuring of its non-US foreign affiliates, which involved the reversal of a liquidation (a transaction which has rarely been undertaken in Luxembourg) and a cross-border merger with a Dutch company;
- Assisting a FTSE 100 listed UK company with the alteration of its corporate structure to migrate its head office to Ireland and the resulting reorganisation of its global group entities under a Luxembourg structure. Stéphanie was particularly involved in the actions surrounding the issuance of mandatory redeemable preferred shares by one of the Luxembourg entities;
- Assisting a leading Luxembourg operational communications group to restructure its group companies to optimize its legal and operating structure, particularly with the purpose of raising funds from investors. This M&A aspect involved the organization of the data room, negotiation of the letter of intent, drafting of the corporate documentation and analysis of the articles of association as regards potential amendments to be made to permit further investment in the company;
- Acting regularly as Luxembourg counsel for a Fortune 500 global pharmaceutical company in relation to the Luxembourg legal aspects of its various global restructuring projects involving Luxembourg and several other jurisdictions; and
- Assisting frequently with respect to transactions involving the migration of companies from or to Luxembourg, and the analysis of alternative for cross-border movements’ mechanisms (for instance, cross-border merger, EU company) when the combination of legal systems applicable restricts a migration.